And if you really want to, this is the first PROMETHEUS trailer in slow motion:
- Daily Trailer: Comparing The Prometheus and Original Alien Trailers (filmophilia.com)
- Ridley Scott Talks PROMETHEUS, Viral Advertising, TRIPOLI, the BLADE RUNNER Sequel, PROMETHEUS Sequels, More (collider.com)
Prometheus is famed director Ridley Scott‘s newest masterpiece, a prequel/reboot of the Alien franchise, set to release on June 8th. It stars Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Guy Pearce, Idris Elba, and Charlize Theron.
The film follows the crew of the spaceship Prometheus as it explores an ancient alien civilization, based on a star map taken from the drawings of ancient Earth cultures. The film was originally conceived as a prequel to the Alien franchise, but after multiple rewrites, moved away from that premise. According to Scott, the story is based in the same universe and has “strands of Alien‘s DNA,” it is a separate story.
Scott is also famous in science fiction circles for (along with Alien) the film Blade Runner, considered a seminal work of science fiction film, released in 1982 and starring Harrison Ford. In future science fiction work he has been attached to a film adaptation of Aldous Huxley‘s Brave New World as well as a possible sequel to Blade Runner.
As far as Prometheus is concerned, I will see it because of Scott’s masterwork in science fiction, and I believe this will be an even better film than Alien, which I did not feel was particularly impressive, especially compared to Blade Runner. With the money, as well as nearly twenty years to develop the story as it relates to Alien, I think this will be one of Scott’s best films to date.
- Listen to Ridley Scott Talk Sci-Fi While You Feast Your Eyes On Some More Awesome Prometheus Footage (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Ridley Scott: ‘Magic comes over the horizon every day’ (herocomplex.latimes.com)
- New Featurette for PROMETHEUS Is Loaded with Behind-the-Scenes Footage (collider.com)
- A Quick Behind-the-Scenes Look at Prometheus (dreadcentral.com)